Acting Deputy Commissioner Mark Rowley has made his second statement regarding the attack, and the third statement for the police overall. Here are the key points:
- The police officer killed has been named as Keith Palmer, a 48-year-old husband and father with fifteen years of service under his belt,
- He has confirmed that five people, including the attacker died today, with at least forty injured,
- He indicated that the police have an idea as to the identity of the attacker, but declined to comment further out of cautiousness,
- He further indicated that the attacker was thought to have been inspired by international terrorism, but again declined to comment further,
- He added that he recognises Britain’s Muslim communities “will feel vulnerable at this time, given the past actions of right-wing extremists”.