Here’s a recap of all the key details we have so far:
- Four people have been killed and another twenty injured in what is being treated by police as a terror incident,
- Police are satisfied there was only one attacker involved,
- Two of the four people killed include a police officer, who was stabbed by the attacker, and the attacker himself who was shot down following his attack,
- He carried out the attack by ploughing into pedestrians at Westminster Bridge, crashing his car into the railing at the Palace and stabbing the police officer, before being gunned down,
- MP and Foreign Minister Tobias Ellwood attempted to resuscitate the police officer, but he died of his injuries and was pronounced dead at the scene,
- A group of French students and students from the North West of England were among those injured,
- Five London hospitals have treated those injured, including twelve suffering major injuries and eight treated for less serious injuries at the scene,
- The Home Secretary, Mayor of London, Leader of the Opposition, and the Prime Minister have all made statement condemning the attack,
- Large areas of central London were cordoned off,
- Parliamentary proceedings were suspended and the Palace placed under lock-down for several hours, but business shall resume as normal tomorrow.
The Prime Minister has just finished her statement, I will post a summary of her main points in a few minutes.